Students in HRM are in for a treat over the next two weeks when they receive a visit from 6-time Guinness World Record holder Rob “Frisbee Rob” McLeod, who is a motivational speaker and frisbee ambassador from Calgary. Rob also has 12 World Championships and the Canadian Distance Record.
Rob learned to play frisbee when he was a student at Dalhousie University and has been playing all over the world ever since.
Rob will be sharing his message and teaching frisbee to students at the following schools:
- Mon, Mar 19: Alderney School
- Tues, Mar 20: Upper Musquodoboit Consolidated School
- Wed, Mar 21: Valley Elementary School
- Thurs, Mar 22: Uniacke District School
- Mon, Mar 26: Frank Bowser (NB)
- Tues, Mar 27: Winding River Consolidated School
- Wed, Mar 28: Robert Kemp Turner Elementary
- Thurs, Mar 29: South Colchester Academy
Rob travels all over the world competing in frisbee competitions and has been touring North America for 4 years sharing his message to more than 50,000 kids in more than 200 schools.
Rob is passionate about inspiring and encouraging kids to be the best they can be – no matter what that might be. He is also concerned about the amount of time that kids are spending using technology (the average kid spend 7 hours a day in front of a screen and 3 hours playing video games). Rob’s assembly includes a challenge to all students – for them to take one day away from video games, movies and tv. Rob gives a trick disc to each school to award one student who completes the challenge. The challenge is called Get Unplugg’d and you can find out more at http://www.unpluggd.ca.