“Frisbee Rob” McLeod, who grew up in New Brunswick and is now living in Calgary, will be teaching kids his frisbee tricks and challenging students at three schools this week to spend less time in front of screens and more time with friends and family.
The Vermilion and Area Crisis Line is generously sponsoring Rob’s program at both VES and SJS as part of their efforts to provide support to kids and family in the Vermilion area.
The Vermilion Crisis Line is committed to:
- Helping people find realistic alternatives available to them.
- Respecting every caller’s right to explore, discuss and make their own choices
- Non-judgmental support.
- Confidential supportive listening.
- Exploring referrals if appropriate.
Frisbee Rob has 6 Guinness World Records, 13 World Championships, and the Canadian Distance Record. He has been to more than 350 schools, and taught more than 5,000 workshops to more than 130,000 students all over the world including Israel, France, Hungary, and the USA.
Over the last 8 years, Rob has:
- Thrown a frisbee almost 2.5 football fields
- Throw a frisbee, skated, and caught the frisbee with one hand more than a football away from where he threw it
- Thrown a frisbee almost 1.5 football fields and had a dog catch the throw
- Broken more than 20 Canadian Records in frisbee