“Frisbee Rob” McLeod is one of 9 recipients of the Calgary Booster Club’s Honoured Athletic Leader Award for 2020-2021.
The winners are:
- John Currie
- Derek Dillon
- Barbara Elms
- Richard Galway
- Larry Jones
- Darlene McLaughlin
- Robert McLeod
- Joe Petrone
- Gordon Prusky
Since 1952, the Calgary Booster Club has woven itself into the fabric of our community, and continues to help support the finest athletic landscape in Canada. Often standing behind the scenes, our organization has endeavored to provide assistance to aspiring athletic champions, to recognize leadership that has made Calgary’s athletic programs so vibrant, and to celebrate athletic accomplishments in our city, both individual and collective.
Honoured Athletic Leader Award: Volunteer, athlete, and/or administrator. We encourage you to submit three letters of support. The following criteria will be analyzed and evaluated in the selection process:
- Length of services as a coach, official, volunteer, athlete, and/or administrator
- Active promotion of sport
- Volunteer time, paid time
- Impact on sport(s), i.e. growth, profile, participation levels
- Degree of involvement, i.e. variety of positions within a sport, different sports
- Number of people impacted
- Sport-related accomplishments – community, media, awards, peer recognition
- Calgary, provincial, national, and/or international influence
- Suggest a minimum of 15 years of volunteerism
Find out more at https://www.calgaryboosterclub.com.